We are putting together a resource manual of Black Scholars who are Black centered and focused on the issues of our Black and Brown community.
I found that in many instances, especially as a student we cannot find Black scholars to cite, we don’t know where they are or who they are because we are not taught in the schools.
Black scholars DO NOT get cited
Black voices are NOT perpetuated and become invalidated
Black ideology is unsubstantiated
Black people play an unintentional role in our agency reduction
EVERY SCHOLAR should self nominate
EVERY SCHOLAR you think is missing should self nominate or be nominated
We dont need others to validate or justify us. We need to validate and justify ourselves
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
TOPIC: AFROCENTRIC/AFROPOLITAN/BLACK SCHOLARSHIP/DIASPORIC REFERENCE BOOK
This call solicits submissions for nominations of African-centered scholars in ANY academic discipline. A minimum of one (1) peer-reviewed publication in a journal or anthology is required. In the absence of source material listing African-centered scholars within an array of academic disciplines, this work endeavors to publish an academic reference guide of African-centered (Afrocentric and Afrocentric) scholars throughout the African diaspora. Categorical sections include: Ancient African Philosophers, Ancestor Scholars, Elder Scholars, Contemporary Scholars.
INFORMATION TO BE INCLUDED IN YOUR NOMINATION:
- Your submission should be not more than 250 words per nominee not to exceed three (3) nominees from one (1) nominator.
- Submissions should list: (a) the nominee’s first and last name, (b) place parentheses around any given name to which to the nominee is “referred to as”, (c) provide an email address, and (d) a sample of no more than 1-2 published works, cited in APA format.
Please designate the nominees categorical assignment as only one of the following:
*The accompanying definitions are solely for the purpose of this work and not intended to be used as reconceptualization outside of the parameters within following categories.
- Ancient African Philosopher(s): (scholars/philosophers from BC/AD era)
- Ancestor Scholar(s): (scholars who have transitioned into the after-life)
- Elder Scholar(s): (scholars who are living, retired from the academy, and/or are presently still in the academy with a minimum of 30-years of experience)
- Contemporary Scholar(s): (present-day scholars with less than 29-years of experience)
- Please provide your name and institution and contact information, including e‐mail.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SUBMITTING PAPER PROPOSALS
- Self-nominations are permitted
- Nominated parties
- Submissions should be emailed to: Submission@UWPBooks.com
- Deadline for submissions is July 1, 2019 at 11:59pm est.
Proposals may be brief (not to exceed 250 words), describing the nominated person(s), discipline(s), and relevant qualifications. There is a general expectation for submissions to nominate terminal degree holders; however, limited consideration can be granted to those possessing a masters degree. Clarifying questions should be submitted to Dr. KenZoe Brian J. Selassie-Okpe at Submission@UWPBooks.com.
Publisher: Universal Write Publications, LLC